Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Never Forgotten

How can four months have passed already? I am missing our old girl dog so much today that it physically feels like a hole in my stomach.

The puppy has been a welcome distraction, but coming back from the vet this morning with Cooper the feeling of loss rushed in so strong, I was overcome by it.

January seems like years ago, but I miss my girl as much today as I did in the first few weeks without her. I guess grief is like that. I adore the puppy and Riley is my best boy...but Cafe was my guardian. Without her, I feel unprotected and left on my own.

I wasn't going to share this photo with anyone because it is from the quiet moments I had with Cafe, minutes before she died - but somehow the gesture of sharing it makes me feel less alone, and closer to her. I miss you, Girl.


1 comment:

  1. Love you.
    They are always with us. ALWAYS. You aren't alone.

    ReplyDelete