Sunday, September 28, 2014

#sweatpinkautumn challenge

I recently participated in a challenge on Instagram from Fit Approach, one of the fitness organizations that I am an ambassador for. It was a five day challenge that included a different fall-favorite theme for each day: pumpkin recipe, exercise, accessory, scenery, and activity.

Here is a photo recap:


Favorite pumpkin recipe: Pumpkin Breadless Pudding
I promised a bunch of internet strangers that I would include a recipe for the Pumpkin Breadless Pudding. It's actually an adaptation of my favorite three-ingredient Cowgirl pancakes...except pumpkin made the batter too wet, and the pancakes never set. I ended up scraping them out of the pan and put each 'pancake' into a ramekin. I topped them with whip cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

1 egg
1 banana
1 T smooth peanut butter 
1 cup pumpkin 
1/2 t cinnamon
1/8 nutmeg
2 T dark chocolate chips

Turn batter out into pan as if making medium-sized pancakes. I used coconut oil to keep batter from sticking to pan. Cook over medium heat, turning after 3-5 minutes. Note: This is where things get interesting since the batter doesn't set firmly enough to turn pancake neatly. It's going to be messy, but the end goal is to make sure the egg is completely cooked; it's all fun and games until someone gets Salmonella.  

Transfer each 'pancake' to a ramekin and top with cream. Yields 3 ramekins of gluten-free pumpkin pudding.


Favorite fall accessory: vests
I used to think vests were stupid. It never made sense to me to wear a jacket with no sleeves. However, I have changed my thinking. They keep my core nice and cosy, and I can add layers for extra warmth. In Southern California, it's pretty much all you need. 

Favorite way to #sweatpink: spin class
This deserves a blog post all it's own. Spin class is pretty much my favorite exercise, period. It's such an efficient workout, and the low-impact nature makes it a great workout for anyone with the ability to pedal a bike. Since the fall months are what I consider our 'second summer', working out indoors is sometimes a better alternative. 


Favorite fall scenery: our mission
This view never gets old.
I don't have much knowledge about mission history in general, but I'm a sucker for beautiful architecture. I have a 4-mile loop from our house, and the mission is my halfway point. This stunning view is postcard-worthy, and my caption says it all: it never gets old.    


Favorite fall activity: decorating for Halloween
The next best thing to fall decor is when world's
collide. Let's start calling Halloween 'HalloWars'
or 'Starween' going forward, shall we?  
Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. This probably deserves it's own blog post, too. I'm CRAZY for Star Wars. Jack-o-Yoda? Yes, please and thank you!

What is your favorite thing about fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment