Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Signature Dish

 When I was engaged to be married, my mother- and sister-in-laws to-be threw me a beautiful wedding shower. My sister-in-law had just gone to Sweden a few months before as an exchange student, and brought home a recipe for a cream fruit pie with an almond meal crust. She made the recipe for the wedding shower, and everyone raved about it; it was delicious as well as beautiful to look at. 

I begin making that recipe for special occasions after my wedding. About 15 years ago, I ran across some small pastry cups imported from Europe. The pie crust was labor intensive...and everyone likes bite sized treats, so I adapted the recipe to make miniature desserts. It was such a hit that I have never made the dessert as a regular pie since. 

Since they are cream-filled, it's not a dessert that you can bite into; you have to commit to eating it in one go. 


Why, yes...my nail color does coordinate perfectly with those berries. Thank you for noticing!

I have made this dessert dozens of times over. If I bring my dessert to a party, then you know it's for someone I really like. Years ago, my mom gave my signature dessert a nickname, for obvious reasons, that has stuck ever since. I give you...Swedish Nipples:



Do you have a special dessert or meal you're famous for? I'd love to hear about it! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit disappointed that the recipe isn't included here. :)

    These look fabulous! And I think the name is perfect.

    ReplyDelete