Thursday, October 13, 2016

TOL #4 Alfred Hitchcock Called. He Wants His Birds Back

Thank you to Amanda at Running With Spoons for hosting Thinking Out Loud Thursday! Here's a sampling of my random ramblings:

1. That's So Raven. I was waiting at a stoplight on Tuesday after dropping my son off at school, and I heard an unnerving tapping sound coming from the roof of my car. I pulled back the panel to look out of my sunroof...and there was a crow walking around the roof of my car! WTH?? It's hardly like we live in a small rural town; this was a major intersection. I had a tiny freakout, and I still have no idea what the crow was doing up there.  

2. Pollywog love. Our favorite pet store specializes in reptiles and amphibians. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and this is where I bought Gizmo. I was there last Friday picking up dog food, and they had a giant display of tadpoles for sale. It reminded me of that hilarious scene in the animated movie Flushed Away, where The Toad (brilliantly voiced by Ian McKellan) grosses out his henchmen with jars of hundreds of his tadpole offspring. Still one of my favorite movies to this day...


Image result for flushed away gif
Evil frog The Toad
Seeing those jars of tadpoles made me nostalgic for the carefree days of summer when my kids were younger and we would hunt for pollywogs in the creeks. After we raised them into frogs, we would return them to the same creek we had found them in.

Well. These were no tiny tree frog pollywogs. 

The huge bullfrog-sized tadpoles were actually baby Pacman frogs. These suckers are BIG. The adult female frog in the pet shop was the size of an enormous flapjack. Although I'm typically not squeamish, the notion of feeding a juvenile rat to a frog is more than I can bear. 
Image result for pacman frog
Albino horned frog aka Pac-Man Frog

3. Currently listening to. Walls by Kings of Leon, and Be Your Love by Bishop Briggs. #allthefeels

4. Foodie Finds. I'm obsessed with Halo Top protein ice cream. I heard about it first on Instagram, and finally came across some in limited flavors (lemon cake, birthday cake and chocolate) at a grocery store. I could easily eat a pint of Birthday Cake. I can't wait to try other flavors! 

I'm in love and I don't care
who knows it!
That's all I got this week. Feel free to share your favorite animated movie or leave a comment with a new favorite song you're obsessed with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment