Monday, April 29, 2013

Mind Over Muscle

So I ran a half marathon yesterday, despite the fact that I have only run four times since January - and none of those runs were farther than 3 miles.Yeah. I don't recommend that. I'm so sore that I can barely walk.

I finished 2:40:55 - which was the best of my worst, but I'll take it. Aside from walking at two water aid stations, I ran the whole thing. Every step. One of my favorite signs had a photo of Ryan Gosling and read, 'Hey Girl. Let me rub Body Glide on your chafe.'

The other sign that popped up two or three times and carried me through the event read, 'Someday you'll no longer be able to do this. Today is not that day.'

And it wasn't.

Race day! Right on!

Mind Over Muscle


We Run DC: These beauties were
made special just for this race:
Tiffany blue with white satin laces
and a charm with the race date. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so incredibly impressed with you and the whole ability to run that far!! You are the bomb-diggity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cristy! Thank heavens for muscle memory!

      Delete