Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Space Case

This morning I was about to add lunch money to my kids' accounts online...yeah, it's all wild up in here...when I realized my credit card wasn't in my wallet. I wracked my brain trying to retrace my steps from the day before and recall the last place I had used it.

The post office? No. I didn't actually get a chance to use my credit card there. After waiting for 15 minutes, I was still the fifth person in line. I mean, seriously - who even uses parcel post anymore? *sigh*

The beauty supply? No. I didn't leave my credit card there, either. But, to answer your question: Yes, I was picking up hair color. Again.

Then it had to be at the grocery store, right? After looking all over my car, I managed to find the receipt that included the time I was at the store, and the name of the clerk who helped me. I called the store, but no dice. They didn't have my card either. Hopefully I didn't drop it in the parking lot on the way back to my car.

It's more than just an inconvenience; we use the one credit card for almost all of our purchases. I rarely write checks and seldom handle cash anymore. Since we pay off the balance each month, it's more of a glorified debit card. Plus, it's a mileage credit card and I am obsessed with earning travel points. Just when I was getting ready to take the dreaded next step and call our credit card company to cancel the card, a small nagging thought stopped me. 

I looked next to the computer...and there was my credit card, quietly waiting for me to make my purchase next to the mouse pad. I had taken the card out of my wallet and got distracted, and then forgot I had taken it out of my wallet only ten minutes earlier. What the heck?! There went 25 minutes of my life that I will never get back again. I mean, I'm stoked I found it - but, jeez. What a space case!

The good news is that there was a time in my life that I would have totally lost my nut behind something like that. Even though it was annoying, I remained calm and retraced my steps, instead of frantically tearing the whole house apart and getting myself all bunged up.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I would NEVER do something like that.

    Hahahahahahaha.

    Glad you found your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm too junior to have a senior moment. Or so I thought, anyway. *sigh*

      Delete