Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 12

For each day of November, I am going to post an excerpt of the novel I'm working on for the next 30 days through National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The goal is to reach 50,000 words in 30 days. And, go!


It was a fun time. There was always lots going on. I got small pox while we were living there and learned from the neighbor kids that Santa wasn't real - and also? Moms don’t poop babies out of their butt. 

I also fell asleep once in my mom’s closet after an argument and my mom couldn't find me anywhere. I’ll never forget her expression when I walked into the kitchen – she was sitting at the table with her head in her hands, ready to call the police.

One night, my mom had called me in for dinner but I wouldn't come. I kept yelling, “Five more minutes!” When it was too dark to play, I finally came home – only to find that all the food had been put away. Dinner time was over. 

I was too shocked to cry and was sent to bed without having anything to eat. I opened my window and pitifully called out, “I’m sooooo hungry! And she won’t give me anything to eeeeeat!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment