Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 28


For each day of November, I am going to post an excerpt of the novel I'm working on for the next 30 days through National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The goal is to reach 50,000 words in 30 days. And, go! 


Every Friday night, my friends and I went to the Rollercade. It was the place to be seen. We skated and socialized to our favorite music. We wore our tightest jeans, tons of eye shadow and our hair was perfectly feathered. We ate food from the snack bar and played video games. 

We’d work up the courage to knock on the DJ’s booth and make a request for our favorite song. There were songs for ‘girls only skate’, couples-only songs (where we looked bored - but secretly hope to get asked to skate) and contests for the fastest skater. 

The people who used rental skates were losers. All of the girls had the boots of their skates decorated with logos of our favorite bands: Van Halen, Scorpions, Aerosmith, Motley Cruё, Black Sabbath, Def Leppard.

If I ever missed out of town or was grounded on a Friday night, I was disconsolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment