Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 20


For each day of November, I am going to post an excerpt of the novel I'm working on for the next 30 days through National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The goal is to reach 50,000 words in 30 days. And, go!


This was about the time that my mom told me the facts of life. Less birds-and-bees and more clinical, my mom was not the kind of person to give made-up names for body parts – no wee wees or ta-ta's for her. She explained the fundamentals of how a man got a woman pregnant.

Shortly after, my mom introduced me to a co-worker that was 8 months pregnant. Her huge belly was obscene and I was horrified to be seen with her: EVERYONE knew that she got that way from having a penis inside her vagina. I tried to pretend that I was on my own at the grocery store, lingering over items and letting the two of them move ahead of me. The weird thing was that even though everyone knew how my mom’s co-worker had gotten that way, obviously – no one seemed to really mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment