Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 16

For each day of November, I am going to post an excerpt of the novel I'm working on for the next 30 days through National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The goal is to reach 50,000 words in 30 days. And, go!


None of my friends played sports – except maybe some of the more athletic boys in my grade. Regardless of what we were playing at school in PE, I would move to avoid contact with the ball. I never understood all the fuss over organized sports. I could never work up enough enthusiasm to chase a ball around. We had been playing baseball and I didn't know the rule of touching home plate when coming in for a home run, so I ran in that general area and then back behind the fence.

One of the boys ran around the fence and tagged me with the ball while he screamed in my face, “YOU DIDN'T TOUCH HOME PLATE!” Seriously? It was so stupid that I just shrugged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment